The Important Fire Extinguisher Regulations
In today’s fast world where everything is based on electricity, there are many risks with big facilities. Everyone’s house is full of electronic gadgets and sometimes, huge buildings surround whole places. But people always see the green side of grass – they rarely think about pros and cons when using these luxuries. That is that these electronics could erupt in fire at any time. As such it is important to know the fire extinguisher regulations that are in place to govern the use of fire extinguishers.
While we cannot live with the fear always, it is a wise decision to be conscious and careful of the above mentioned considerations. That’s why there are many lifesaving products here in the market, and they protect us from any unfortunate emergency. The fire extinguisher is one of these lifesavers, if you are the one who has the likelihood of using a fire extinguisher to make your family safe, you must know the regulations related to this.
Why Are There Fire Extinguisher Regulations?
There are many nations who have passed fire extinguisher regulation to make more and more workplaces secure. According to this regulation everyone should know the basics and techniques about how and when to use fire extinguisher and how to avoid these situations to make maximum security.
There is a requirement of some fundamental measures about safety from fire hazards. For example, after some big tragic accidents, the United Kingdom has passed a legislation in 2005, which is called as RROFS (Regulatory Reform Order Fire Safety). According to this law, all persons who are running business with more than five people, are responsible for any tragedy in their workplaces.
There should be at least one employee or a contractor from outside who is well trained to tackle an emergency if any. This person also should be able to evacuate the place and can contact emergency services for help. If that responsible person is not satisfying these requirements, he/she can be punished with fine or two years imprisonment.
What are the Fire Extinguisher Regulations?
This fire extinguisher regulation is very helpful to make workplaces and offices secure. Because of these regulations owners are careful about safety concerns and this can surely avoid big accidents. This regulation is applicable for all commercial places except some houses, and there are exceptions of course. Without any proper law it is difficult to check the preparation to tackle an emergency. Officials check all the spaces and every part in a workplace and get them clearance certificate. This certificate is applicable only for one year. After this period, one should repeat these procedures again to avoid emergency situations.
According to the fire extinguisher regulation, the owner has to explain what their fire prevention plans are. The Plan should be easy so employees can follow it easily and save their lives. Also it includes, that there should not be any collection of debris around offices, and electric wires should be checked and properly installed to avoid accidents.
Other safety regulations are:
- Automatic fire alarms or some kind of warning are a must for buildings in case of fire
- Fire extinguishers are a must for every level of building to control small cases of fire. They should be also at the exits
- There should be enough fire exit gates on every level of building so a large number of employees can use it at a time and get out safely
- Automatic fire detectors are must for buildings with more than two stories. It should work properly to alarm huge number of employees on time
- Exit should be clearly marked. So people can evacuate building without any problem
Other important points to note:
- Exit gates should be protected to avoid suffocation.
- All fire extinguishers should be in good condition.
- There should be an Evacuation plan to evacuate the building when on fire.
- Every level of building must have a person who got fire extinguisher training and can operate an extinguisher in case of fire.
With the help of these fire extinguishers regulations, accidents can be avoided. So everyone should follow these rules because we all know precaution is better than cure.